AppStore vs. PlayStore: exposure, potential and monetization
Did you know a mispelled query in the Google PlayStore returned 100 more results than on the Apple AppStore?
Here is a great read from the site searchman.com. It is a quick study on how different both stores are. It is clear and straight to the point, with a few good strong conclusions on why Google PlayStore is a good investment vs. Apple Appstore:
- User sees more results per page
- Easier for users to access lower ranked results
- Synonyms & spelling correction -> more apps get found
- Fewer developers updating apps- it’s less competitive
- Carrier billing may improve google play monetization
- Search engine optimization for google play is easier: No approvals needed, no tags (i.e. secret itunes keywords) are needed, descriptions count
Check it out!